Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging... we'll see how this goes!

I'm notoriously bad at blogging. The only other time I've attempted this was when I was pregnant, and that blog was only really for family and was abandoned when the demands of an infant took precedence. Now that infant is a happy, healthy 2-year-old named Audrey and I'm her stay-at-home-mom Jen. My husband is JR and he works as a family practice doctor in a small town in rural Kentucky. Last year, we moved here after living in two relatively big cities (Louisville and Indianapolis). We had lived in an upstairs apartment for three years and now we live on nearly 12 acres of land, which has been a huge adjustment for us.

This blog is meant to chronicle my hits/misses with gardening, making our new house a home, and still try to be as sustainable and inexpensive as possible. I've found that the two intersect often. After all, when you reuse or reduce your consumption, you tend to lower your bills and overall costs.

My family has a variety of interests and we'll be sure to include them all here. That's why it's hard to define this blog; we're into too many different things. We are certifiably too interested in Halloween, and we have a huge party every year complete with haunted house, food, scary movies, and fun. I spend a good chunk of the year gardening now, and I want to keep a record of when things bloom, when seeds are sown, and what fails/succeeds in general for me. I also make my own soap, and plan to do a series of posts on how that works since a number of friends and family members have asked about how they can get started as well. And finally, my home is an ever-evolving project of painting, projects, and customizing to my family's wants and needs.

So here's hoping I keep up with all of this! And here's hoping that it's not for nothing and I have more readers than just myself and my husband! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. haha, you currently have at least one more than you and jr, so I guess you win!

    ReplyDelete